Corrosion Testing & Chemical Performance Evaluation
Asset integrity lab program designed to evaluate corrosion inhibitor’s performance, accommodate new product formulation, product selection and robust compatibility analysis
- Corrosion Testing & Chemical Performance Evaluation are critical aspects of maximizing the lifespan and safeguarding the integrity of oil and gas infrastructure. In the oil and gas industry, carbon steel remains the first-choice material for the construction of new pipelines. However, as operating conditions become increasingly extreme, materials are being pushed to their limits.
- Corrosion can result in irreversible damage to materials, equipment, assets and pipelines. These losses are not only expensive to rectify in monetary terms, but subsequent equipment failure could result in production downtime, health and safety risks and reputational damage. To prevent corrosion, you need to ensure that your oilfield production chemicals are working effectively. Corrosion testing, analysis, consulting and chemical selection are among our specialist capabilities and our extensive experience positions us as your ideal service.
DOSAS has expertise in designing complex fit for the particular conditions of your challenge
DOSAS provides a full range of corrosion inhibitor testing methods that meet the highest industry standards and certification. Choosing the correct test method is crucial to achieve positive test results at first time and avoid costly delays in your project schedules, saving your time and money as a result. Although we perform testing as per international standards, we excel at designing experiments to fit specific real-life challenges.
Corrosion Inhibitor Testing Services
|—||Pitting Corrosion Testing
Pitting can be one of the most dangerous types of corrosion. It isn’t straight forward to anticipate, may occur very rapidly and may only produce localized corrosion, with the vast majority of the surface remaining unaffected. DOSAS performs pitting corrosion testing following ASTM G48.
|—||Sulfide Stress Cracking Corrosion (SSC) Testing
SSC is a cracking mechanism in pipelines, piping facilities and any equipment that comes in contact with sour (wet H2S) service conditions. It often occurs without warning and it can only be observed using specialized inspection methods. DOSAS SSC testing helps to evaluate your materials and detect danger at an early stage, preventing failure of sour service pipelines and ensuring their reliability and longevity.
|—||High Pressure and High Temperature (HPHT) Testing
Qualifying and assessing materials that perform continuously under severe conditions, are high priorities. For rapidly advancing industries, HTHP testing is carried out in an environment that recreates the high temperature and high pressure to simulate subsea oil and gas processes. We can design, build and operate custom fixtures, rigs, pressure vessels and other apparatus to achieve real time conditions for your project.
|—||Hydrogen Induced Stress Cracking (HISC) Testing
Subsea Oil and gas production equipment is exposed to severe conditions which have led to a number of failures of Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRAs). Our hydrogen embrittlement testing labs provide HISC testing of nickel alloys and duplex stainless steel to investigate how hydrogen influences material’s behavior under mechanical stress.
The addition of corrosion inhibitors may mitigate the corrosion severity but may cause process challenges such as emulsion and foam formation, which complicate the separation of hydrocarbon from the aqueous phase. Moreover, incompatible chemical treatments can result in the degradation of the non-metallic components used in seals, joints, gaskets and etc. Therefore, evaluating the compatibility of candidate chemical treatments before use in service is vital!
The followings tests are conducted at the DOSAS per relevant industry and international standards:
- Compatibility with metallic and non-metallic materials
- Foam test
- Emulsion test
- Solubility and solvent compatibility test
- Thermal stability test
- Oil/water partitioning test